jonathan toews is s’cute in the “we all play for canada” video
You signed this huge deal but you signed it along with Kane, because you wanted to stay and you wanted to stay and play together. [x]
eternityinalake: that big huge smile on his face when he starts talking about Kaner, 'yay someone asked me a Kaner question!!!', Jonathan Toews, go away you dork, but aw,hmhm, Chicago Blackhawks, hockey, I gif what I want what I really really want.
Something about his hair tonight makes him look super dorky, actually. (and that’s okay with me)
Sidney Crosby’s superstition is so intense that it makes other hockey players uncomfortable.
Jonny + Sweaters
Anna Faris and Chris Pratt are a pretty great couple.
Still do. Just about.
I still do but had to friends-lock it. But I miss it a lot. :(((
I don’t use it as much now because my friends are all in different fandoms, but if you joined fandom only in the Tumblr/Twitter era YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING.
1. Threaded comments that don’t have to be replied to with a whole separate post
2. Profile pages so you could find out about a person and also check out their followers to see if you know people in common/find other people into what you’re into
3. Communities for fic, and newsletter communities for fandoms that rounded up daily news (actor stuff, pics, videos, etc)
4. Much better signal to noise ratio (not seeing the same thing 15 times or having to install xkit just to make your dash readable and filter out fandoms you aren’t in)
5. Just a way, way more grounded sense of where and who people are, instead of shouting into a crowded room all the time
This is my third go-around with Tumblr and fandom, and it’s only manageable now because I’m following hardly anyone (sorry guys). I really cannot wait until somebody makes something that combines the ease of image-posting on Tumblr with the actual content of LJ, because I feel like this place encourages you to be silent.
Shhh, don’t make an original text post, no one wants to read that, especially if it’s just about your personal life (which you couldn’t lock/filter anyhow). Shhh, don’t add text to that reblog, just hide your comments down in the tags, where people have to scroll to see them. Shhh, all you can contribute is a picture of an actor that’s probably already been posted with six different edits to the tag. Just reblog, baby.
I love fandom and fans and it makes me so sad, too, to see what’s been my culture for going on 20 years now get eroded and lost. I don’t know where fandom will be in another 20 years but I’m guessing the history of my chunk of it (Usenet, mailing lists, personal websites, LJ) won’t get carried on.
This can’t be how it continues, this movement towards a model of vocal producers and silent consumers. That’s not fandom.
I mean, I loved lists, but I loved that LJ helped balance the dynamic of creator/consumer, where the consumer had a voice (I was largely a creator at that point, and am largely a consumer now, sadly) above and beyond, “Wow, great story!” They’d talk about the show, the fandom, and all that jazz, and the lines were nicely blurred, and some of the voices I respected the most never wrote, or drew, or vidded.
And thinking back, they may have thought they weren’t creators, but that’s just not true.
They were creating community, and it was awesome.
Agreed. I still use Dreamwidth for more personal posts but I definitely don’t feel as safe to be as public here on Tumblr.
Fandom keeps moving and evolving. I have faith that eventually there will be a new platform for us that is a lj/tumblr hybrid.
This is important. Stop big cat hunting. This literally is making me cry.
The way the lion tries to shut out the light…
:Why would you shoot it?
Informal infographic depicting evolution
Effects Of Thinking White People Are “All Like That”:
- Literally nothing other than white people having their feelings hurt on the internet
- I’m not joking there is no real world consequence of this
Effects Of Thinking People of Color Are “All Like That”:
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
Tuesday afternoon, Ferguson protesters march in downtown St. Louis, from City Hall to the US Courthouse.
This is super important
wow im just going to leave this here
Someone got fired
Nah, they meant it. LOL.
Dove sells skin whitening products overseas. Don’t act like these beauty brands weren’t made with a specific demographic in mind. xD
Ha, reminds me of this photo
I swear the fuckin producers of the simpsons knew shit was an issue before anyone opened their eyes.